My brother came to visit the week after i got back from Spring Break. It was a lot of fun, we had adventures throwing pots and cat hunting with two unexpected companions. I know he got one one of my roomate's nerves by the end of it though, what I mean is his lack of sensitivity really hurt. I think she gets him, I mean whats' not to get I know he's the most selfish person on the planet, but I think she could take so much of personality, and personal questions for one weekend.
I worked A-Da yesterday and got just a small taste of what Game Day's will be like in the fall, omg I don't even know where to begin on that one. So many things went wrong at work yesterday I can only hope that was out of the ordinary and that even with more people home game shifts are normally much smoother than that. I can handle a lot of people and even rude people but there's no excuse for a whole freaking section of sale items to be scanning for the wrong price. That's just someone being lazy and irresponsible and not doing their job.
In other news Summer's almost here, ever since my bruh bruh left thats all I could think of and I really can't wait. Except that means graduation is closer...
I still feel very much afraid of graduation. I know its silly but I've been in school my whole life and I know it'll be an adjustment to not having class anymore. Even at my job at the the bookstore I am seeing that your relationship to people in a working environment is different from that in the classroom. I think I'll miss how the opportunity provided by a lecture and class discussions with a room of strangers allowed you to be vocal about things you normally would not verbalize. And I'll miss how being forced to listen to complete strangers, people I would otherwise never be exposed to or want to associate with, provided me with other points of view on topics I thought I already had formed an opinion about. At work theres no looming participation credit providing the pressure to elaborate on issues that come up in a lecture or a contextual analysis.
Theres a freedom I find in trying to work out and vocalize my thoughts in the company of strangers. These people can judge me all they want 'cause once class is over it no longer matters and that freedom you cannot always get from people outside of the sterile lecture room. I care what they think and I care about maintaining their current opinions so I try to censor what I say around some and I find myself agreeing with them or just not saying anything because I elaboration on subjects in an analytical manner, specifically to expand upon their relationship to the human condition (what really interests me is how so many people still base their definitions of the Self on the precedence established by the juxtaposing of their expirence to the white male European model— come on how dated are we?!)Oh well. People don't care to articulate these things I guess.
The real world has to come for me eventually. Maybe in my big girl job I'll find these sorts of conversations still continuing.
Anyway I am starting to forget what else has happened and now I am rambling when i should be typing one of these papers.
No comments:
Post a Comment